About The GCF
To improve the physical and financial wellness of Marylanders in need by volunteering time and donating resources.
GCF represents the following Insurance and Finance Industry Associations:
We have deep roots that trace back to 1939, but we have only been known by our current name since 2012. Originally known as the Baltimore Life Underwriters Charitable Foundation, the focus was on providing orphans with gifts for the holidays.
With a vision of creating an endowment so that future generations could continue their dedication to community service, the Board expanded their reach and participation. Rather than continuing to exist as the Charitable Foundation of the Baltimore Life Underwriters, other associations representing the insurance and financial services industry were invited to have a seat at the table and form The Greater Chesapeake Charitable Foundation, now known as the Greater Chesapeake Foundation.
Today, the Board represents the Maryland Chapters of the CPCU Society, Financial Planning Association, National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors, Society of Financial Services Professionals, Women in Insurance and Financial Services, and the National
Association of Benefits and Insurance Professionals. We plan to continue our expansion to meet the growing needs of the Baltimore metropolitan area.
- Give our time and/or money to various non-profit organizations whose efforts are in alignment with our mission.
- Encourage greater community involvement by the members of our associations
- Ensure the continuity of the charitable programs of the Greater Chesapeake Foundation.
- Instill the spirit of volunteerism in the insurance and financial services communities.
- Reinforce the integrity of the insurance and financial services industry.
Our Board Members
Sandra S. Patterson, CLTC, ACBC
Association Membership: NAIFA, NABIP-MD